Thread: BBB and Statins
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 03:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default statins

thanks rick, will let you know if I uncover any linkage...i am always intrigued with the wording in the statins' literature. Recent journal, annals of Internal Medicine, contained an article concerning all aspects of dyslipidemia written by annals of int med editors. Under the heading of "who should be screened for dyslipidemia?" is the following:" No direct evidence links lipid screening and subsequent treatment with reduced adverse outcomes from CVD or stroke. However, moderate-quality indirect evidence supports routine dyslipidemia screening for men older than 35 yrs of age and women older than 45." Thus with the literally hundreds of studies done with statin drugs, there exists No direct evidence, but "moderate-quality indirect evidence"? what IS "moderate quality indirect evidence " anyway? is that a scientific or statistical term with which I am unfamiliar? (yes, my bias is showing) madelyn

~ Jean-Martin Charcot

The future is already here — it's just not very evenly distributed. William Gibson
olsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote