View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 04:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default First post infusion report

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies. I got my Tysabri infusion yesterday. I was really nervous. I stopped on my way to the infusion center to get some Tylenol and Benadryl. I'd heard that taking them can help prevent side efects. I took them about an hour before the infusion started.

The infusion took place at the cancer infusion center. There were two women there getting platlete infusions and a couple getting who knows what and there was another woman there who'd just finished her fifth Tysabri infusion, which was a major coincidence, as there are only four or five people in the whole county getting Tysabri.
(Big county, lots of people, lots of MS.)

The nurse hooked me up to the IV, chatting the whole time, probably to make me more comfortable. I tell you, I was waiting for some kind of nasty side effects--what I experienced was...well, nothing. I just sat there for an hour with a Steven King novel and then sat there for another hour after the infusion was done, and felt absolutely the same.

I still feel the same. The only difference I've noticed is that it's late afternoon and I still have energy to write this. I don't know if the energy is simple elation, or the placebo effect, or the Tysabri, but I'll take what I can get.

The other Tysabri woman at the infusion center reports no side effects and no particular change in her existing symptons. Still, if all I get out of this, is a halt to the relapses, and a tiny bit more energy, I'll be very happy.

I'll report back in a few days to let you know how things progress.

Katty
katty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote