View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 12:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Chemar,

I hope that you might feel comfortable sharing some more information about your husband's report. There isn't enough info. to offer "sound" insights. For instance, what level(s) of his spine did the MRI and its resulting report have as the focus?

When you mention "compression," do you mean spinal cord compression (as in stenosis) or nerve root compression?

Surgery should not be the first option unless there is a risk of paralysis (i.e., from cord compression and depending on whether it is mild or severe).

If it's his C-spine or levels of his cervical spine, there ain't no way I'd consent to a Chiro doing any manipulation. It could make things worse or lead to permanent (and worse) damage.

Depending on how many levels are involved, he might be a candidate for some of the lesser invasive surgical procedures, a.k.a. minimally invasive. (With any procedure, though, there are risks and those should also be thoroughly understood before giving a thumbs-up or down on something.)

Again, the info. you stated about his MRI findings are pretty non-specific. People reading would be hard-pressed to offer info. that might help; doing so could actually lead to more harm than good without knowing more. It just wouldn't be very wise.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote