Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart Super walk

Super walk
Event will raise money to help find a cure for Parkinson's disease

GARY KEAN
The Western Star, Newfoundland
Source: Parkinson Society Canada

"This year will mark the second time there's been a SuperWalk for Parkinson's and Robert Meaney is hoping to see the number of participants double.

"Nationally, this will be the 18th annual SuperWalk for Parkinson's, which raises funds for research towards finding a cure and to support people who live with Parkinson's disease every day.

"Meaney, who was diagnosed with Parkinson's 13 years ago, is the SuperWalk co-ordinator for Corner Brook, one of seven communities in Newfoundland and Labrador which will be taking part in the event Sept. 9.

"I didn't know anything about it when I was diagnosed in 1994," said Meaney.

"I thought it was just another illness until I started investigating it."

Read full article:
http://www.thewesternstar.com/index.cfm?sid=58799&sc=23
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote