View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 01:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Stem

Oh what a time to get this thing installed.

I am attending college right now and contrary to what I thought there is pain involved with the incisions.

My Primary Doc thinks that this implant will "get rid" of all pain. I wish I can serve her - her V8 because if I had a chance to tell her - there is pain involved.

The spokesperson who is calibrating my machine met with me today and we put together 4 programs. She gets upset when I liken this machine to a TENS Unit - hey it feels about the same - difference is this thing is implanted into my body. I commended her and my Neurosurgeon for finding the culprit nerves that have caused havoc in my body for the past 12 years all the way down to the numbness in my feet and told them that I am using this machine to "overstimulate" my nerves and my relief comes when I turn the machine off. They did not know what to say - I guess they hear the "miracle" stories everyday.

Will keep you all posted and I am prepared to tell the "real" story about what you go through when you get one of these machines "installed" :-)

Signed

Hurting (post-op) at home
Life is a series of mountains and valleys, some days we travel up the mountain effortlessly, some days we fall into the valley - what's important is.....we get up and climb that mountain again ~Quote by Julia Diemientieff, my Grandmother....Yup'ik Elder from Bethel, Alaska
AK Kid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote