View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 07:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I have said this before..

...and at the risk of being hammered on here....I will say it again.I am convinced that much of it has a link to how we are personality wise.
And don`t all throw stones at me yet.!!!! Hear me out first.And after all it is purely my own "take" on this so yes...I ad,mit..I could be very much barking up the wrong tree.

This is why I think this...and of course there may be exceptions to the rule.
My mum had Parkinsons disease...and my gran [mums "mum"] had some sort of neurologfical condition but I never got to know what it was.
Both were gentle,kind people ...extremely hard workers,highly respected in the community BUT both worried unduly about little things.
I too used to worry unnecessarily..to the point where I became a perfectionist and couldn`t take it if I failed myself in ALL areas of my life.The stress was enormous but I wasn`t aware of this way back then.
However...both my mums symptoms and my own began at roughly the same time...and we were both undergoing a stressful situation,which we both handled rather badly [for ourselves]

So...the genetic link may be a personality trait..

Also,someone who ran a pd group in a town near to me mentioned once,that out of twins...[of which I am a twin] the one who is the perfectionist is the most likely to get pd out of the two.

My twin sister is laid back,as are my other two sisters to a point.And my brothers are different again...all hardworking folk .
But when I look back at some of the trivia that stressed me out...I dearly wish I had listened to them.

So...I know not all PD patients are stress laden,.perfectionists but there may be something as to how we operate in life.Worth investigating.

My daughter doesn`t stand a hope in hell as her personality is much like mine,and there is a historyu of alzheimars on her fathers side,both his granparents having the condition.

So...I am desparately trying to show my daughter ways of chilling when things go pear shaped....attempting to prioritise the things worth worrying about and those things which can be set aside as not worth the stress.

Maybe my theory is totally OFF THE WALL...maybe there is a fraction of significance here. Whatever...it can`t hurt to be aware of minimising worry and stress in your children as a precaution against a number of stress rela\ted conditions.
Maybe it is simply that when I worried excessively...I forgot to eat,I didn`t sleep,therefore inadvertantly I was depleting my body of vital nutrients...and time to replenish itself through rest...my brain included.

So...please don`t all yell at me.I am dealing with something huge in ,my life back home right now....so if you respond...do it gently.
thanks
x
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote