View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Steff:

Hi, I have read your postings. I can only tell you what helped my husband who has had (initially diagnosed idiopathic), but later on after a spinal tap, he was diagnosed CIDP.

He was on all pain meds, he looked into spinal stimulators, epidurals (he did this , it did nothing).

What I can tell you that definitely improved his quality of life and took away a great deal of his pain and got him weaned off the fentanyl patch (and when you find something that takes away neuropathic pain), well you share it with others. So here's what helped my husband (and if I mentioned this in any previous post, please excuse me but you really should look into this).

We found a chiropractic/neurologist. It's a special chiropractor who takes 3 years of neurology. There aren't a great many out there but more and more are cropping up. This was Dr. Theirl in New York City.

All I can tell you is my husband walked in weighing 267, stiff as a board, very very bad PN and on the fentanyl patch. He had tried everything including acupuncture which did work for a few weeks but then stopped.

This guy gave him a 3 hour examination. Tested this part of his body, that part, (really looked him over good).

Alan went to him 3 times a week initially, then two times, then one time and now it's every few months. It is an expensive undertaking but if your insurance company covers it, I would go for it in a heartbeat.

They treat the whole body, they don't give you drugs. They do certain adjustments and they use a G5 machine. Alan says when this guy does the G5 machine on him, Alan doesn't want to go home. That's how good it feels.

You have a lot of stuff going on in your body. You are not a diabetic right?? So it's not nerve damage from Diabetes (that's why the methyl b-12 worked on me)

If you can look into going to see a chiropractic/neurologist in your area (if you'd like me to find one for you, just private message me your city and zip code). These guys do work miracles. My husband is living proof.

Did it completely take away his neuropathic pain. No, because we later found out that his toes are compressed and we do the toe flexor thingee between his toes and that is working out beautifully and Alan has other stuff going on, like foot ulcers, etc.

But Alan was a completely different human being 3 months after going to the chiro/neurologist.

So think about this, okay?

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote