View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 12:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Melody,

Thanks.

It would not be unusual at all for you to have an obvious initial response within days. In fact, I know many people who showed their initial response within days or a couple of weeks. Very common.

What would be very unusual would be for you to have a response in correlation with size of doses later on: for instance, if you took 5000 mcg one week, and 6000 or even none the next, and, in response to each change, you showed a response. Usually changes would have occurred regardless of the change in dose.

So to even suspect whether the dose is really affecting responses, a person should be able to reproduce that dose/response experience more than a couple of times. Usually it would be a coincidence.

B12 is stored, and once stores are rebuilt to a certain degree, the body operates (and repairs and changes!) on those stores, which are usually used very slowly. Most people could rebuild stores and repair for a very long time on those stores. It is not like a vitamin that one takes every day or every few days because it disappears and must be taken constantly.

Those who store B12 so badly that they respond to each daily or weekly dose are very rare.

By the way, make sure you do not take any B12 within at least a few days of the test.

rose

rose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote