Old 09-01-2007, 08:50 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Ribbon

ON SEPTEMBER FIFTEENTH I WILL BE IN THIS WALK

Dear Family and Friends,

Dust off your walking shoes! I am writing today to invite you to support a very important and exciting event, The ALS Association - Jim "Catfish" Hunter Chapter's 2007 Walk to D'Feet ALSŪ.

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), commonly known as Lou Gehrig's disease, is a fatal neuromuscular disease that can strike anyone without warning. Every 90 minutes someone in this country will be diagnosed with ALS and every 90 minutes someone will lose their battle against this devastating disease.

The Walk to D'Feet ALSŪ is The ALS Association's national signature event. Each year, nearly 100,000 patients, men, women, children and corporations join together to raise funds in support of internationally driven cutting-edge ALS research and community-based patient services programs. Now in its eighth year, approximately 150 Walks will be held around the country in 2007.

As a participant of the 2007 Emerald Isle Walk, I am asking for your support by making a gift to The ALS Association or by joining me as a participant on Walk Day.

In 2007, I will Walk in honor of ME because I have ALS.

Supporting and joining the Walk to D'Feet ALSŪ is very easy! Simply click on the link below to visit my personal fundraising page and donate directly online or join me as a Walk participant.

You may also choose to send your contribution in the form of a check. Please make all checks payable to The ALS Association and send them to me at the following address:

Laura Knott Weidenhamer
115 Plantation Circle
Beaufort, NC 28516

Thank you again for supporting me in the fight against ALS. I appreciate your generosity and participation and will continue to update you with my progress as Walk Day nears.

Sincerely,
Laura Knott Weidenhamer
Click here to visit my personal page.
If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://web.alsa.org/site/TR?px=13460...&s_tafId=21120
Click here to view the team page for evan's army
If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://web.alsa.org/site/TR?team_id=...&s_tafId=21120

Laura Weidenhamer
Als Dx 11/04-BiPap 08/05, moved to NC from MI 12/05, peg 1/06

ALS/MND Registry

BobbyB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote