View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 11:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused How does Low Blood Pressure affect a hydrocephalic individual? please help!

Hello all,

I tried a search, and didn't have much luck, so here goes... I need to know about this, because I have had low blood pressure for a long time. I am hydrocephalic, and I have had problems with medications causing my blood pressure to drop REALLY LOW (more so than usual...!) in the past. I think it may be happening again (not caused by my meds this time -- I've checked on that). Although I have taken the following (italicized) assumption with a grain of salt, I would like to know more about this.

It has been said (not by a doctor, but someone else who, will remain nameless) that, low blood pressure caused me to feel like my ventriculoperitoneal shunt was being pulled from my head. Accompanying this, was severe vertigo, weakness, shooting pains at two burr-holes, and quite a few other symptoms...!

I will accept PM-answers if need be. I will answer back as soon as possible (it has been storming a lot here in Florida...). I don't mean to trouble anyone with awkward questions, but this has been hard for me to find any informative resources on this. NT has been the only place I thought I would find good information about this issue. What happens? How is hydrocephalus affected by Low Blood Pressure?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Yours,

DC
Let me forget about today until tomorrow." ~~ Mr. Tambourine Man by Bob Dylan

DreamCaste1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote