View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Default Relief is on the way

Hi Steve,

I live in Minnesota. Cooler weather and less humidity should be heading your way soon. I noticed on my morning walk a few days ago that I haven't seen or heard the songbirds, (Red winged Blackbirds, Robins, the pretty little yellow ones) and also the ducks and geese have been flying in V's overhead and feasting in the farmers corn fields. Our temperatures have climbed down from the 90's to the 80's and the days are getting much shorter. Also our nights are getting down into the 40's. Fall is very close, the state fair closes this Monday, Labor Day.

My husband is the one with health problems this week. He has severe tendenitis and saw a surgeon who shot cortizone into his shoulder (for Bursitis). For that my husband took his shirt off. My husband has also been having pain in his ankle and removed his shoe and sock to let the Doctor examine his ankle. The doctor took a look at his ankle and told him to keep his ankle elevated as he had fluid build up that could cause pressure on the tendons in his ankle to swell.

The doctor then focused on his wrists and decided to try a little cortizone in the wrists which might help temporarily and proceeded to shoot his wrists up with cortizone. When the orthopedic surgeon finished applying the cortizone he explained that my husband.s hands would be numb for about an hour and left the room. My husband then humourously recounted trying to get dressed with numb hands. He couldn't tie his shoes and had trouble driving home.

Hope your symptoms settle down. Hot weather always make my symptoms worse too.

Vicky
vlhperry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote