View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 01:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't believe she has anything that is helping her much Consider This. I think I would try to get the doctor to address this by calling him. My recent trip to the ER here made me realize that they do not want much to do with prescribing for pain...

I am not sure what to suggest. I have had plenty of burning, which began above the knees, spread to calves and then gradually spread. If the sensory nerves are the problem, I don't know if the EMG and Nerve Conduction studies will necessarily show anything or not. I believe the way to determine sensory nerve involvement is with a punch biopsy-which I think is called an Intrapidermal biopsy.

Starting Prednisone at the very first, rather than later on, might have helped me, but it is a moot point, because no one knew what to do, and never even considered trying this for several months. Prednisone was just a shot in the dark, when they didn't know what else to try. I had a really hard time getting anyone to prescribe pain medication at first...
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote