View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 01:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom View Post
I don't believe she has anything that is helping her much Consider This. I think I would try to get the doctor to address this by calling him. My recent trip to the ER here made me realize that they do not want much to do with prescribing for pain...

I am not sure what to suggest. I have had plenty of burning, which began above the knees, spread to calves and then gradually spread. If the sensory nerves are the problem, I don't know if the EMG and Nerve Conduction studies will necessarily show anything or not. I believe the way to determine sensory nerve involvement is with a punch biopsy-which I think is called an Intrapidermal biopsy.

Starting Prednisone at the very first, rather than later on, might have helped me, but it is a moot point, because no one knew what to do, and never even considered trying this for several months. Prednisone was just a shot in the dark, when they didn't know what else to try. I had a really hard time getting anyone to prescribe pain medication at first...
They've been having a lot more on telly news about it, so it may change in favor of helping to relieve pain.

My ER experiences were not encouraging.

And my friend's son who was in his 20s died at the hospital... for no good reason. Gosh, it is still upsetting to me.

After I went to the ER I prayed that I could go home, because I thought that was my best chance.

Are you still feeling better since your surgery? I hope so.

I still think that a lot of illness has to do with stress, and that old fashioned things like Epsom salts baths work on that level, as well as on the level of ions... I wish I didn't have this stupid mental disability. I can't remember how the ion thing works. I just know that the hydrogen sulfide ions were too big to pass naturally out of my body, and that the Epsom salts some how helped eliminate some of them...

I told you that Gregory Peck had Yorkies, right?

I'm unfocused... except that I very much like your pic of the little teacup dog....