View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 02:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default my story:Home

Hi well i am home i got home Friday feels good to be in my own bed. I went in Tuesday at 11:30 and had my surgery at 3pm i had a good looking porter who walked me up to the waiting room where he put me on the gurney and wrapped me in a warm blanket and chatted with me till Rick the anesthetize came in and asked me more questions then took me off to the surgery room where i met the two nurses he was trying to be funny but i just didn't get his jokes. Any ways he put in my iv did a really good job hardly felt it. The next thing i new i was in the room where i would be staying for the next few days and there where some nurses and rick they were putting me in my bed and he asked how the pain was and told me everything was fine and back to sleep i went. It didn't seem long after that and i was a wake again and asking the nurses to call my boyfriend and as she was taking his name and number down i saw him standing by the door. I was very happy to see him there we chatted for a bit until i felt that i had to go to the bathroom so he got me the nurse and i got up and sat on the toilet it felt like for ever but it just wouldn't come. So back to bed visited with the man for a bit longer and fell a sleep i was up two more times through the night before i finely went pee and at that point i was being told through the door if i did not secede they would have to put a catheter in i guess just being told this was scary enough ha ha. The next day around 7:30 am the doctors where in to see me Doctor Bethune said that they removed the first rib and that the muscles they removed were three times larger then that of a normal persons he also said that my lung had collapsed so they had did a x-ray after the surgery and i would be getting another one done that morning. It would depend on how that was as to what they would have to do he figured that they would not have to do anything that it would heel on its own and if they did have to they would put a tube in. So lucky for me i did not need a tube but it still hurts with the breathing each day it doses get better. I was up and walking around Wednesday when i wasn't busy sleeping i was still in a lot of pain so i was getting hydromorphon every 3 hours as well as hydromorphon contin 9mg in morning and 12 mg at night still am taking the same. Thursday morning when they came to see me they asked if i thought i would be ready to go home i just gave them a big fat no. I did not tell them why but they didn't seem to care they just said fine see how you feel tomoral. But as for me i wasn't leaving until i wasn't having trouble getting in and out of bed by my self with out having to move the bed up or down. Any way i am still feeling pain and not sure if i am fixed which Bethune said is normal do to the swelling that there would be pressure still. But one new thing that i do feel is the back of my arm from the shoulder to the elbow has a strange feeling i don't even know how to describe it other then i know i am touching it but don't real feel it and the other area that hurts a lot is the fatty part under your tomb. I have some black and blue marks on my rib gage near the incision. My incision is around three to four inches long oh ya when i move a certain way it feels like it is popping,rubbing in that area but the doc says that it is air bubbles i don't think it is but i don't know ha ha. Any way i am ready for another nap that is all i seem to do is sleep for 1 to 3 hours then wake up for 3 to 5 i just took more pills for the pain. To be honest the pain is some what liked it felt when i had carpel tunnel realise done except it is lasting a little longer. well bye for now i well write agin when i feel up to it i hope the other girls are doing good.
mucker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote