View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 02:28 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

How to explain without hurting any feelings. After being here for a long time, needless to say I've read and been in a lot of disputes.

It's hard to have to moderate these disputes; I wouldn't want to do it. I usually feel that people should be able to disagree publicly and even if they get somewhat angry, there is a way to get a point across and move on.

What bothers me much more than two people who are having a dispute, are the people who scold and lay guilt trips on them. [excluding mods, whose job it is to control it]

This has always been an agressive forum, a difficult place for ideas to be accepted. It's what we make it. I think we have built a place where we can disagree and talk about many of the taboo subjects not too offensively. When i first came here, people of faith were pretty much told to keep it to themselves.

Chronic illness that will kill many of us brought us here, but there are those who insist that you leave out what people need to talk about sometimes.

Ok so we have rules.

I am sorry i know this is going to step on a few toes and I hope you can try to understand - don't think if you have done this that "i don't like you" or 'I am mad at you.'

We are not here to perform for anyone else. It's good to think of the readers, but it's not my job to impress anyone or put on a dog and pony show. Chronic illness means pain and death, and if we get angry or blow it sometimes, readers who do not understand have other choices, which John granted permission to post about.

I"m here because i'm in real trouble health wise and probably won't live a very long life. There's no need to beat people up and criticize on top of it. What do they call those things that feed on their own? liberals? ....oooooooooo...just kidding! There that will give somebody something to complain about.

Olsen's signature line describes it very well...we are here to help others...don't know what the others are here for. IF you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

I paraphrased a bit sorry Madelyn.

Last thought...there is only one basic reason IMHO for why there are topics we can't discuss. IT's called hate.

As carolyn said, we have to take personal responsibility.

Paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."