View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 04:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Judith for the news about Fred..I didnt know Fred that well, but I was talking with Chasmo on the phone about Fred a few months ago, back in March..and Charlie had mentioned that Fred hadnt posted in quite a while, so Charlie gave me Fred's phone number, and asked me to call him..So I did..We only talked a few minutes, and his ability to speak had been so affected by pd, that I had an extremely hard time understanding what he was saying, and he apologized repeatedly for not being able to talk..but I assured him that it was ok..What I did understand was that he was going to the V.A., that one of his kids was looking in on him, he still had the cat, and that he wasnt posting because he couldnt type anymore, but that he was reading..He was happy that I called him, and appreciated that all of us at NT and BT were concerened about him, and to say hello to everyone for him

Here is the thread I posted

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=15055

When I hung up the phone, I felt very sad, but not as sad as I feel right now..I am still at the beginning of this journey..and I knew that Fred was near the end of his when I talked to him..I couldnt help feeling terrible about him living all alone in the condition he was in, and how hard it must have been to accomplish the simple everyday tasks that I still take for granted..I felt like getting in my truck and driving out there..I wished that he didnt live so far away, so that I could have helped him

When I read his obituary, I got to know a little bit about Fred's life..He accomplished alot in his lifetime, and unfortunately, pd has its way of stripping it all away..The only thing it cant take is the sum of who and what we are

Fred's battle with pd is over, and he is in God's hands now..Fred..You are in my thoughts and prayers..Thank You for what you have given us..and for the memories you have left us with!..