View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 10:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile OT reference to negative posting and ON topic request

Hi Folks! I just wanted to make note to the previous posting in the thread, all with good intentions and which I hope will result in a good outcome.

For information, The Guidelines specifically list a few of the items that were questionable earlier in the thread.

Inappropriate Content

This is, first and foremost, a self-help support and education community. That means if your message (post or PM) isn't about offering support or information to another person or asking for it, it's potentially not appropriate for our community. Specifically prohibited from our community:

* Advertisements of any sort
* Soliciting others to join another online mental health community
* Flames or messages meant to intimidate or harass others
* Threatening or profane messages
* Messages discussing a private message (PM) from others
* All administrative issues (exceptions will be made from time-to-time for community administrative issues)
* Copyrighted materials that you do not own the rights to, except any educational or research article a member would like to post that is not available elsewhere online to nonsubscribers
* Messages containing suicidal threats or suicidal actions
* Messages containing or condoning illegal acts
* Limit your direct discussion of politics, as people usually hold pretty strong opinions about this topic
* Posts of a mostly religious nature should be made to the Spiritual Support forum
* Triggering material without the use of the Trigger Icon (to be added)
* Anything that violates the Terms of Use for this site (TBD)

The good news is that the thread can be edited by Admin and a simple request (which I will go ahead and do) will remove the misunderstandings, as per their decision.

It's important to not give the full articles when using copyrighted material. (Most sources allow you to quote briefly, with credit and a link.)

It's also important to not in any way refer to something that was ONLY in a Private Message, unless you have the person's ok to share. (That happens sometimes when someone sends you a funny or such and you wish to share it with the board, for example.)

NOW on to MY question. I don't have MS, but I do have Myelopathy (one lesion.) I have many of the symptoms and problems that you with MS have, but do not have the brain lesion interference. I will stay out of this forum for personal use, if that's what you wish, but feel you have a lot of understanding and information I can use. TC! JD

Last edited by JD; 09-27-2006 at 12:49 AM. Reason: remove teal color
JD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote