View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 07:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Needed? a forum for people suffering foreclosure and other legal problems -

Hi,

I'm working on revising my appeal brief. I couldn't go to sleep last night at all. I finally got a couple hours this morning after 7.

I know a lot of people are going to be facing foreclosure, and it's so distressing.

(I blame Realtors for the nationwide problem... and they haven't ever been mentioned as far as I've heard.)

In any case, last night I saw that the lawyer for the mortgagee in my case lied repeatedly in court, and he also happened to say that's what his firm has done for years...

He didn't say, "We've been cheating and lying to people for years," rather he described what he did and my case and said they'd been doing it for years.

The thing is, it's taken me over a year to see this because it was so stressful and the more stressed I am, the less well I see things.

And, the lawyers I hired and that cost me 7 times as much money as I have left now, totally either agreed with him because they're all lawyers, or else they didn't bother to do a very good job for me and didn't find the problems although the problems were repeatedly made.

I cannot tell people enough how important it is to really look at your legal papers, because there are rights you should have... and that lawyers are keen, VERY KEEN, to deprive you of.

So.... that's why I think we could use a forum for this kind of thing...

What do you think?