View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Steff think of 'nerves'

like one sees 'plants roots'. You take out a potted plant it's got lots and lots and more fibres running to the main plant...then they branch off and get smaller. Those roots are similar to nerves.
Now for whatever reason...say take a blow-torch, dip in poison or just chop off some portion of those plant roots...there...you have what neuropathy is all about...dead or no longer existing 'roots'! Nerves because there are soo many and such a lot of nerve 'branches' can DIE very quickly. When the body's 'world is right' for them to regrow each nerve ending regrows [they guess...THEY being the 'scientists'] at about 1/4" each each month. You get nerve damage to the extent we have and well, you have MILES of nerves to regrow! That isn't going to happen overnite [and, believe ME! I want it NOW!?] It takes years. This is a patience thing, a way to change your life to make sure things happen and happen the best way YOU can make things happen - IF they are to be.
Now I for one do not LIKE to have to be patient. This tho is a thing one has to BE when having any type of neuropathy. Sometimes, damage can be reversed. At other times, not. This as well goes with the 'luck' of being diagnosed treated and getting the right therapies. I suggest you read David/Wings44 posts and others in the stickies. Since there are over 200+ and growing types of neuropathies and at least 20+ CIDP's this can get squirrelley in terms of diagnosing and treatments. Getting into YOUR mind, what all has happened in your life up to this point, what all has been done and then checking out LizaJane's worksheets...a beautiful 'roadmap' of options and some the the stickies can help YOU determine where YOU feel YOUR tests, etc should go.
And you better believe it, LUCK or 'accident of fate' often has a good deal to do with it.. Putting yourself in a place or path of such good events is up to you! Hugs and relief is what I wish for you soon! - j

PS do NOT browbeat yourself about anything you mite have done wrong before now? Just go forward and get stuff done!
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote