View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 11:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Wiix,

That's a very thoughtful and considerate reply, and I'm grateful.

I've weathered several foreclosures so far... I worry about people who aren't as conservative as I am and maybe not such fighters.

I used to try to not be such a fighter, but then it made me too vulnerable and I realized my mistake.

I was thinking an hour or so ago about how this is going to impact health in a widespread way. I would bet so, at least.

What I would like to say in a forum like that is that if someone thinks they may be going into foreclosure, it would be a good idea to get debt counseling... not those things that consolidate debt, but counseling.

I say that because I think the bankruptcy rules have been changed so that people can't file unless they've had counseling, so they won't be able to protect their property the way that I was able to.

That upsets me.

((((((((((((Wiix))))))))))))))

Thank you so much for writing such a thoughtful reply.

(My appeal is to get back a property that was foreclosed and sold without notice to me of the judgment or sale. That's a denial of due process. But so far it's been a battle ... That's because the Realtor was really happy to get my $150,000 equity and the judge laughed when I mentioned my disability.)