View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

Yes CT, I have Aloe plants. But I also have just about every kind of lotion one can buy. I have an entire basket of various kinds right on the floor next to my desk. But I find the best thing is really drinking lots of water and using Cocoa Butter. A large jar costs only about $3. at Walgreens. I go through a few jars a year. Especially good on your cracked heels. Mine get so bad I have to razor them at least once a week or they get thick like brick. Then if they crack they bleed and hurt like HELL!!

Right now I just lit a nice incense and have the AC on full blast. I was laying down watching a movie, "Mrs. Brown", starring Judy Dench, while enjoying a big mug of Bewley's Irish tea. I LOVE historic movies. Let's see, I should show you:

The story begins in 1864, three years after Queen Victoria (Dench) has lost her beloved husband and mentor Albert, plunging into a deep and dizzying depression, which results in a complete disappearance from public view. Despite incessable efforts by some of her children, her loyal staff--and her worshipping public--no one seems to be able to lift the spirits of the disconsolable queen, who's soon labeled "The Widow of Windsor."

Into this gloomy milieu enters Scottish servant Brown (Connolly), the Royal Family's loyal hunting guide and horse caretaker, who devotes his life to one goal: cheering his queen and protecting her, both physically and emotionally, from any potential harm. Down-to-earth and with no regard for protocol, Brown causes immediate upheaval in the Court, disrupting the previously silent dinners, whispering in hallways and other formal conventions. Charmingly nonchalant and single-mindedly committed to his task, Brown is the only person who doesn't treat the queen with gloves or fear.

Brown's insolence seems to be working a magical spell on the queen who, for the first time in years, begins to react emotionally--as a person and as a woman. Spurred by Brown's insistence, she begins to smile and resumes her rides, spending long days walking with Brown and confiding in him. Despite the sharp contrast in social status, and the impossible barriers of class, politics, and rigid norms, Victoria and Brown are attracted to one another as individuals needing the basic emotions of intimacy, affection and loyalty. However, as soon the Queen recommences the pleasures of "being alive" (as someone says), rumors of an affair begins to scandalize British society and a crisis in the Monarchy seems inevitable.
Wiix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote