View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 07:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default my experience

Tena - Mirapex worked for my PD symptoms (I am tremor dominant) for the 3 years I took it after I was diagnosed in 1999 (I was 41 years old). It was the only drug I used. It made me sleepy, fogged my brain, and caused OCD behavior, mainly obsessive computer use. Since that was 8 years ago, when it had been out only for a short time, there wasn't as much known about it as there is now - I took it without the knowledge of all of these potential side effects.

I then took Requip alone for 3 more years (I switched because I was falling asleep at the wheel while commuting to my job) before I started Sinemet.

I think it was good to delay the start of Sinemet for me; I would start the same way again, but be really cognizant of the potential downsides of Mirapex - and I would also make sure close family and friends were aware, so that if things begin to go wrong, adjustments can be made. Also, I am now on SSDI and no longer commuting to a job - don't think I could have continued to drive alone for long distances under the influence of any agonist.

It's an effective PD drug that needs to be taken with extreme caution.

“Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputation and social standing, never can bring about a reform. Those who are really in earnest must be willing to be anything or nothing in the world’s estimation, and publicly and privately, in season and out, avow their sympathy with despised and persecuted ideas and their advocates, and bear the consequences.” — Susan B. Anthony
indigogo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote