View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 07:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused I hope someone knows.....

I am a very worried aunt. I have a 15yr old newphew who races motocross and he had a bad accident Sunday at 11am at a race. They said he has a severe concussion. He is currently in Vanderbilt, TN. They lifelighted him there and immediately ran a cat scan and have told us that everything looks fine. He has been the same since they brought him to hospital and they keep saying that he will come out of it. He cannot talk and only yells like, uuuhhhh. He did start looking at us like he could see us and would look our way sometimes when we spoke to him. He has to be restrained in his bed, he pulls off all the monitor leads and has ripped his IV out. They just keep saying it takes time for him to come around. They are going to request the MRI that was promised yesterday, but then when we asked why it hadn't been done, they say they want to wait. The family has never been through something like this. I am worried something has happened to cause him to be like this forever and the drs. keep saying we have to be patient and wait it out. The family is starting to lose patience. It would be a great help to us, if someone has possibly been through this and could give some insight, bad or good, to let us know this has happened to someone else.
amyb4500 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote