View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 10:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Have tried it

In no way can I disagree with ol' cs because I haven't his knowledge of pharmaceuticals (for which I am ever grateful), but I have taken a bit of Seroquel for sleep. One of my docs gave me a couple of sample packets of the smallest dose--I believe it was 25mg. I tried one at most and slept extremely well all night and then off and on through the next day, with, indeed, some extra PD stiffness. Next time I was desperate for sleep I tried a half, which allowed me to do a few productive things the next afternoon. Waiting until I was really, really desperate for sleep, I then tried a quarter of a tablet, no more than 5-6mg, and that worked Thpretty well.

Then I discovered Benadryl.

I can take a couple of Benadryl--one dose, like for a stuffy nose (and it usually is, due to Sinemet), and sleep rather well for about six hours, then take some PD meds and go back to sleep for a couple of hours. Ah, blissful relief!

I haven't taken a dose of anything for sleep more often than every three months or so. Like cs says, who cares if I sleep at odd hours? I'm retired, I don't have kids at home, and I never schedule anything before 10:00am.

It also helps that a hip replacement has relieved almost all nighttime pain, and I take KW6002 (istradefylline) in a clinical study, which helps spread out the PD drugs for more hours. Sinemet CR gives me myoclonic jerks, for whatever that's worth.

Jaye

P.S. Oops. Grateful that cs has the knowledge, not that I don't.
Jaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
john1947 (10-06-2015)