View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 04:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have gone strapless. Just can't handle the straps anymore, and I've always been small. I don't even wear a bra except to church, Dr's, nice restaurants, my daughters' schools or such - either my traps or my ribs will revolt after a couple of hours and it just isn't worth it!

I could go with an A but went up to a B so the band around my chest isn't tight - not much pull, I can breathe and no pressure on ribs. This means the cups are a little big, but I can just pull the band farther down in back to make the cups fit better, and that works even better for my ribcage. Plus some of them have a little lift and padding so on the rare occasion I feel up to it, I actually can manage to look pretty good for a 45-yr-old TOSer ( LOOK being the keyword, sad but true).

May not work for you - but it's the best option I've found, and the bras -variuos brands- have generally been in the $20-30 range at Famous-Barr (now Macy's).

Funny story, when my pec minor incision was infected, and FINALLY a surgeon here agreed to open it and clean it out, 10 weeks post-op, it was a hand surgeon who is certified in plastic and reconstructive surgery. When I entered the ER and climbed onto the table, one of his nurses asked if I was there to get breast implants. I hadn't realized he did those too, but I'm sure that's where the money is. I told her I had NO desire for more weight on my chest.

beth
beth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote