Thread: Neuropathy
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 05:12 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Well, unfortunately I never learned to drive (maybe that's a good thing now-a-days given all the crazy people behind the wheel). But Access-a-ride is my only option if I want to go anywhere and for $2.00 door to door, you really can't beat that.

I just got home from visiting my friend. Boy did I get an education. I knew she was anorexic but what I just found out today is that she was bulimic up until a few weeks ago. That's correct. I thought she got over all that years ago. Seems I was dead wrong. We would go out for omellettes and I just found out today that when she got home, she would, well, do what bulimics do. I never knew. That's why she had no chance in hell in fighting the lung cancer. You need good nutrition for that fight and she still refuses to eat and they can't force her. And she was still using laxatives, even after she had her colon resected because of previous laxative use. Boy, did I learn about anorexia today. I really had no true grasp of how serious a condition this is.

She's down to 50 lbs and while I believe she recognized me, well, it's going to be over soon. I just held her, then I held her 83 year old mother and her sister, then we all went into the other room and they all devoured my muffins. You would think they never had a blueberry muffin before. Even the people across the street came in.

I wish I could say it was nice socializing but unfortunately, she is now on palliative care. The hospice person was there besides the aide. I also found out that family members can administer morphine from a dropper.

I never knew this. I always thought a doctor or nurse had to do this.

So she is without discomfort and it should end peacefully soon.

She was my good friend. I wish her a good journey.

Say a prayer, okay??

Thanks, Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote