View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 11:37 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Discussion of Vicc's Hypothesis on RSD

I have edited a great deal of this post as even though I have very valid reasons I realise there are many people who feel I should not be quering what VICC says. Come on Tayla, there weren’t any complaints about your asking me questions, and you even got an “attagirl” for your last post.

One person complained: Me; and I didn’t complain about questions, I asked you to quote me correctly, and that if you insist on summarizing my views, do it accurately. Flippnout’s reply demonstrates exactly why I must remain vigilant about misrepresentations of my words: He replied to what you said I said, not what I actually said.

I am sorry for any distress I have caused any of the members. It is not my intention to upset this wonderful forum. This little tempest in a teapot didn’t cause anyone any distress: We’re like NASCAR fans, going to the race in the hope of seeing a spectacular wreck so long as no one is killed or seriously injured. (The NASCAR safety rules, like the mods here, do their best to insure no one is badly injured or even mildly hurt, so it’s all good fun).

I do not agree with your theory about RSD being an IRI, however I do agree that IRI may occur as a result of RSD. This contretemps began after my reply to a question directed at me; now I’ll ask you one:

In light of the fact that IRI is defined as only occurring AFTER iatrogenic tourniquet ischemia in order to perform surgery, how can RSD possibly cause it?

I would really appreciate your answer here, because my hypothesis that this is an IRI is based entirely upon my argument that tourniquet ischemia followed by surgery is not the only way IRI can develop; that the ischemia caused by the immune response to trauma is all that is necessary.

I know that few, if any, members here understand that argument, but that’s because no one has taken the time to read even a little bit about the immune response to trauma. They haven’t done it because I haven’t given anyone a good enough reason to read about it. I intend to give everyone a reason by showing how HBO can lead to significant remission from RSD at a relatively low cost.

I’ll explain HBOs mechanism of action against RSD, but the only way that mechanism can be understood is by understanding the immune response to trauma. I’m confident that if I can show exactly how HBO works to repair the damage from RSD, some people will have a reason to finally take the time and effort to look for themselves. If learning about it can help you beat this disease, that’s a pretty good reason to learn.

I would be very interested in reading any links you may have that support your hypothesis if you can provide them. Tayla, I’ve said many times (and even on this thread), that there is no research to support my hypothesis. The only reason I found the link is that I know the signs and symptoms of RSD, and when I compared them with those of IRI, everything fit. No one, except a tiny number of physicians who know something about both disorders, is even looking at a possible connection between the two diagnoses.

There is no research demonstrating a link between RSD and IRI. That seems like a dumb thing for me to admit, but it’s the truth; and I don’t try to hide from the truth. I wish RSD “experts” would be this honest. If they were, they would stop pretending that cyanosis doesn’t even exist in RSD and admit it is the most likely cause of our RSD. They would tell the truth. Right now, they are lying to us, and it’s hurting us.

But back to the “no research” thing: Did you know that there is absolutely no research showing how any nerve injury, anyplace on the body, can cause RSD? Absolutely none.

How do I know this? Because RSD “experts” can’t even figure out which nervous system is involved, much less which nerve. Some say it’s peripheral nerves; others argue it’s in the spinal cord, and; some still insist that sympathetic nerves are the cause. If there was any research at all linking nerve damage to RSD, there would be no debate: We would know.

RSD “experts” want to believe this disease is caused by a nerve injury, but they can’t prove it. They have done a damn good snow job on us, though; we think they’ve proved it. Think about it.

If they can’t even figure out which nervous system is involved, much less how any kind of nerve damage can cause the signs and symptoms of RSD, is it really wise to reject IRI -- which can cause every sign and symptom of this disease – without even looking at it?

I don’t mind queries. I beg for them. But asking questions I’ve already answered on this thread isn’t helpful; nor is misrepresenting what I said. If you can avoid these two pitfalls, I welcome further exchanges…Vic

Desi, you asked some really good questions and I need to look up some things before answering a couple of them; just to make sure I'm still up to date.

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :

Last edited by Vicc; 09-05-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Vicc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote