View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 11:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

mucker- did i mention my constant headaches...and that I can't stand to be w/o ice pack? BTW if you are having headaches I totally recommend a cranoisacral massage (i got one friday).

also, i have had a very deep aching feeling all through my forearm and elbow that I suspect is related to signals travelling on nerves where they haven't for a long time. It has been getting a little worse each day rather than better, so I suspect I am in for some real fun, there. I used my tens on it for a while the last few days, it helped a little, but I don't see the end of pain meds in the next few days or anything. If it makes you feel any better I am taking 3-4 10mg opanas a day with a 5mg oxycodone every 3 ish hours on top to keep my good attitude . I have also added 2 advil on top of that here and there. If I forget one or am running late to the next dose, i am well aware of it.

anyhow, keep your chin up, as it does take a while for the post op swelling to go down enough to know if you have had some real improvement. I never really did see significant improvement from my May 21 surgery till two weeks ago when I got the cortisone injection on my swollen nerve....definitely it all takes time. Possibly my overall self is feeling better because of this, too. Also, I am comparing my present pain to the pain after that surgery, and that surgery was BAD.

I might call your surgeons office and ask about the color changing and burning...but I did get a lot of the tingling hands and nervy symptoms that I had never had previously in the few weeks after my first surgery. They eventually calmed down and went away when the swelling did...at about 4-6 weeks. I also get funky hand symtoms just from the bruising where the IV was....Are you taking and advil or other anti-inflammatory? You aren't supposed to take them long term, but my surgeon rec'd them to me for two weeks after my first surgery. Different assisting doc this time didn't tell me to take any...so I guess it is debateable. I found them to be helpful, so maybe you want to ask about it if you aren't already on them.

Last surgery I was all for the heating pad...it always made me feel comforted and like it was helping increase the circulation. This time, my incision just burns, and I have the deep aching, and the weather is really hot here, so somehow ice just seems like the best thing for it. I also have a terrible pain right at my breastbone and in the back where the rib used to be connected. I like to keep ice paks on that as well- not really really cold ones...just cool paks. it is definitely a personal preference tho.

well, i am certainly rambling. I just hope you don't think I am not hurting just cause i sound happy. I mean, I am feeling about how I expected to feel, which is 'in a lot of pain'. But since it was what I expected, I am OK with it and happy....does that make sense?

I am very sure that you will come through this very well. Definitely just give it some time.

Johanna

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote