View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 04:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Vicc,
I would respectfully like to inform you that I HAVE had complaints about me asking you these questions----They have come in the form of PM'S so I would like to correct you when you said " COME ON TAYLA, THERE WEREN'T ANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT YOUR ASKING ME QUESTIONS"

Addressing your statement " IN LIGHT OF THE FACT THAT IRI IS DEFINED AS ONLY OCCURING AFTER IATROGENIC TOURNIQUET IN ORDER TO PERFORM SURGERY, HOW CAN RSD POSSIBLY CAUSE IT "?
I said to you that I had asked my team about your theory and their reply was that it may occur as the result of RSD following the use of the tourniquet for Bier blocks! Not common but apparently they had heard of it occuring.

Thank you for your offer to explain the mechanism of the action of HBOT for RSD but as I thoroughly research all treatments I have, I was well informed before I started my 50 dives.

In response to "RSD EXPERTS WANT US TO BELIEVE THAT THIS DISEASE IS CAUSED BY A NERVE INJURY BUT THEY CAN'T PROVE IT. THEY HAVE DONE A DAMN GOOD SNOW JOB ON US, THOUGH, WE THINK THEY HAVE PROVED IT. THINK ABOUT IT"
Vicc I think the fact that nerve blocks, ketamine, mirror imagery amongst many other treatments have proven to be helpful in RSD is proof enough that this is an injury of the nervous system. They simply wouldn't work otherwise.

In reference to your quote "DID YOU KNOW THAT THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO RESEARCH SHOWING HOW ANY NERVE INJURY, ANYPLACE ON THE BODY CAN CAUSE RSD?--ABSOLUTLEY NONE"
I would like to refer you to any article by world reknown German experts in the treatment of RSD---Wifred Janig and Ralf Baron.
http:/www.springerlink.com/content/kegj8bb2v4Iuhd/.
This is a wonderful article explaining how RSD/CRPS is a neurological disease.
Also the book I recommended "Explain Pain' by Lorimer Mosely and David Butler as it is an easy to read, well illustrated book which explains very well the process of the pain of RSD.

I would now like to refer to your quote " I WISH RSD 'EXPERTS" WOUULD BE THIS HONEST. IF THEY WERE THEY WOULD STOP PRETENDING THAT CYANOSIS DOESN'T EXIST IN RSD AND ADMIT IT IS THE MOST LIKELY CAUSE OF OUR RSD. THEY WOULD TELL US THE TRUTH. RIGHT NOW THEY ARE LYING TO US AND IT'S HURTING US"
Vicc, who are these doctors? You say 'they' as though it is all of them. It maybe those you have come in contact with but I have never had a doctor who has not recognised that cyanosis may indeed be a part of RSD.
I have had many tests to ascertain what oxygen levels I have in my RSD areas. I had to have one before I qualified for HBOT. I have also had a total body thermogram to see what vasoconstriction has occured and how it is related to my cyanotic areas.

Vicc, my fellow RSD sufferers here in Australia are most grateful for the knowledge and commitment our doctors show to research and treat our RSD, there are no complaints from me regarding their lack of knowledge and they have the results to give them encouragement to continue.

I think I have addressed all the issues you brought to my attention.
Wishing you well
Tayla

Last edited by tayla4me; 09-05-2007 at 04:29 AM. Reason: addit
tayla4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote