View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 12:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark._. View Post
When you say you take 'a lot' of B12, how much is 'a lot' if you don't mind me asking? I take 5mg a day,would there be any advantage to taking more?
Hi Mark, I'm sorry I've been overwhelmed with court things and unable to sleep and unable, therefore, to keep up here on the forum.

In terms of how much I take, I use cyanocobalamin shots, and I have one most days, because most days I start to have increased symptoms of low B12, like nose bleeds, or numbness, or feeling depressed... I have lists of symptoms on my website; the symptoms are not the same for everyone.

The amount I have, therefore (you can tell I've just been writing legal stuff) is similar to having 6 of the 5mg lozenges a day.

It was only when I began having that amount, and sometimes twice that much, that I had my peripheral neuropathy that had been SOOOOO painful go away, and I could sleep on a regular mattress again instead of always having to buy air mattresses.

I've been having B12 replacement for a little over ten years... but it wasn't until I had the highly increased amount that the vast improvement in peripheral neuropathy took place.

If I were you and I could get my doctor to give me a prescription for shots, I'd go that route because it would be MUCH less costly than sublingual methylcobalamin.

If you use the sublingual methylcobalamin, be sure to brush your teeth more or use mouthwash... not surprisingly I had some cavity problems due to using the sublinguals repeatedly during the day and before I went to sleep at night.

I'm very interested to hear how things go for you.