View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 04:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Also Post-Concussion

Hi, thanks all of you for sharing your stories. I received a strong blow in the head a little over a month ago, got what I now see is called a Mild Traumatic Brain Injury considering my symptoms (I never lost consciousness and there was no bone fracture). A post fell in my head at a dinner party, a sharp wind came suddenly and lifted the canvas the post was holding up and it fell right on the back of my head, just about an inch from the center of my head (the Dr said I was very lucky). It was very sudden and totally unexpected. I don't drink alcohol so that wasn't a factor. The doctors were not very helpful in letting me know what to expect, and I've been having all sorts of symptoms. Today it is a light-headed feeling with also strong pressure in the right side of my head (the side of the blow), sometimes the pressure is in all of my head and it gets worse if I lay down. I also get that hang-over feeling every morning, that makes it difficult to get out of bed, sometimes I wish I could just stay there all day. In my bad days, I get some ringing in my ears, and I find it hard to concentrate, but not impossible, and some things are hard to remember at some moments. Other days, I feel almost ok except in the mornings. Also some days my eyelids get all bloated, others get that symptom too? At the emotional level, I get some anxiety and sad feelings, and a strong urge to make radical changes in my life. I was told the symptoms could last for a few months or up to a year, but I seen in some of your histories that some of you have had symptoms for years now, which is a bit discouraging. Anyway, thanks for your attention.
Petenera is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote