View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 06:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Lectins are what gives a plant the energy to begin development.

You're right that they're not technically thought of as seeds... but... tubers like that develop and multiply at their source (so to speak) What gives them the energy to split like that??? Maybe lectins, which may very well mean that they have the type of lectins that my son reacts to, right in the meat of their body.

It may also explain why he seems less sensitive to them... because the lectins are more 'spread out' in the bigger body... whereas grain lectins are really packed in and concentrated in those little seeds.

I have lots of reading to do to see if this is a possibility but I'm excited because I've never put that bit together before.

I'm very interested in foods and how to prep them to prevent illness... Back at BT1 I had lots of thread about plants, including some that defend themselves with toxins... like celery, etc. I would be very interested to hear anything that really strikes you as being 'cool' or generally unknown.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote