View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 07:26 PM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Unhappy Prayer Request for My Friend

A very close friend of mine lost her younger brother today - he was 49 (same age as me). He was diagnosed with pancreatic and liver cancer on Sunday and underwent surgery on Monday. He was on life-support following surgery, but not even that could help him. His blood pressure dropped, and he was gone - his wife and sister by his side.

He was her only surviving relative. Her older brother died last year, and their parents have been gone for quite some time now.

When we were 16, my sister and Paulette had the bright idea to fix me up with her brother. It could have been a good match, but we got into an argument right from the start - I preferred riding fast horses, he preferred riding fast motorcycles. By the end of the evening, we weren't speaking to each other.

I've seen him off and on over the years, but the last time was a couple of years ago. I went to a horse show with my friend and Tyler and his wife were there. We talked about old times, and I teased him about his new-found interest in horses. With a twinkle in his eye, he said fast motorcycles were still more fun. Pffft.

My friend is torn apart over this - rightfully so. My heart is breaking for her because she's like a sister to me, and Tyler was like a long-lost brother.

Oddly enough, today is the anniversary of my mother's passing 16 years ago.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote