View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Roxie, IF anyone never had to fear

surgery and going under anathesia, that would either be one rare or totally insensitive person. It is because you lose any control or say in whatever happens, maybe. Just be sure to: in your pre-surgical testing and interviews [there are many] LET one and all know loud and clear that you have immune issues akin to MS [tho, not MS]. MS folks were the first to do what you could call 'pioneering work' regarding complications from surgeries. They are a very vocal and cohesive community and I for one have learned a lot from them to our benefit.
Talk about this concern clearly and in detail with your surgeon and ask HIM/HER to recommend an anathesiologist who is famiiliar with such circumstances. You need as many reassurances of expertise from the whole crew that's going to work on you. Then, just chill and get it over with!
I have to tell you that after coming out of two surgeries last year [full general] the wake up time was down right WONDERFUL! I felt no PN pain for about 6 hours afterwards! Pain free moments for sure, but the 'wobblies' that come with the anathesia wearing off are well, interesting...you WILL need someone around to help and watch you for a while.
Just an OH MY NO PAIN! But I can't go anywhere to really DO stuff to enjoy it, other than JUST ENJOY IT.
It sounds like this might be one good thing that might help add other good things to your life in the long term? I sure hope so! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote