View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Lailavia - Step back a minute here....

THINK and hard...IF it were totally in your head, why are they suggesting other testing? There must be more than one 'off-aspect' in your prior tests that is prompting them to do the extra tests...THE DOCS HAVE TO JUSTIFY these needs for extra tests and it's gotta be on facts. These places do not just 'do' them for 'practice'! Got that? They are testing more, so that's a good thing. Tests don't lie, interpretations of tests can.
Now, put your panic aside, and yes, you are emotionally agitated, as anyone who has pain to this degree would be. Think about it! You keep rolling over in your mind WHAT IS HAPPENING to ME? and as much as you try, it just keeps getting worse. You do have to find ways to turn off that 'panic button' in your mind to be able to get to the sources of your pain and learn to use it to get treated.
At times that 'emotional' component is brought up to me by various docs and I always calmly reply: Humm, emotional? Well, who in their right mind wouldn't be a little bit, if they constantly felt as if they'd been dipped in french-fry oil? Especially after X months or years...It is stressful, wouldn't YOU think? Next Question? It is always good to remind some docs, who see dozens of 'us' a week that WE are the ones attached to THIS problem. They can go home...
Keep some faith, and hope, this is what YOU have to do. Maybe think of yourself as a 'used car salesman'? You have to sell them of your pain and your faith in THEM to help you...well, you get the gist. - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote