View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I find them very debilitating actually. Worse when they start when I was driving the car. Would have to stop completely for ages until the light show stops. I get a strange feeling before the onset of the migraine usually though. Bit like a panic attack... I can sense changes and basically can tell one is going to happen. Mine were worst in my mid 30's. Still get one occasionally but very rarely now thank goodness.

If that is what you're having, [nd I'm not a doctor so wouldn't like to speculate especially as I think you said you also have seizures and I'm not sure if any auras like that are similar with seizures], there are medications to prevent them that people find really helpful. I've never taken anything long term myself. If I was having them all the time again I'd certainly contemplate taking medications or having a better check up than I did. Would have saved a lot of wasted days of feeling totally YUK.

Edited to add; forget a couple of things.
I totally understand that feeling of panic as well because they are frightening. Don't feel you're alone in feeling scared when it's occurring. So many times I thought I was having a cerebral haemorrhage. ugh. The other thing is triggers... certain foods can be a trigger for my migraines and I hate to admit this but for years I thought it was chocolate. The other trigger for me I believe was hormonal changes. I had my children in my mid 30's and that's when they were worst.

Last edited by Lara; 09-05-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote