View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 04:26 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Tayla,

Thank you for your diascussion of TCOM, I suspect it is known under another acronym here as I seem to recall a similar sounding test used in an experiment involving RSD patients. (Now I will have to look it up and learn whether it measures arterial or microvascular oxygenation: If it is the former, it isn't useful in understanding what is happening in RSD, but if it is the latter I might be a good diagnostic test for this disease).

The abstract you posted isn't really very useful as it doesn't contain any information about the dosage of oxygen or the atmospheric pressure (ATA) at which it was delivered. Both are critical in treating RSD.

I know that all modern folks call RSD, CRPS. but I think both taxonomies are unrealistic: RSD representing the discredited view that damage to the SNS causes this disease, and CRPS implying that this is only a pain disorder. Given that neither are accurate, I prefer the one that involves typing fewer letters.

Referencing your last reply: I am not prepared to get involved in a protracted discussion about HBO at this time, preferring to present my views in an organized manner in a single post.

Anyway, these discussions have already travelled far from their starting place: Steff's question to me and my reply to her. I don't want to get involved in another long discussion of something else. I'll try to limit my replies here to questions about what has already been introduced or to provocations I must refute. I want to get back to work on posts I've already promised...Vic

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :
Vicc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote