Old 09-06-2007, 08:37 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Wink

Yes Lara, that's IT exactly:
Quote:
I find them very debilitating actually. Worse when they start when I was driving the car. Would have to stop completely for ages until the light show stops. I get a strange feeling before the onset of the migraine usually though. Bit like a panic attack... I can sense changes and basically can tell one is going to happen. Mine were worst in my mid 30's. Still get one occasionally but very rarely now thank goodness.
I got one ONCE in church and bolted out the door. Luckily I only live a few blocks. I could drive it was just difficult and it was just a straight shot with no turns 4 blocks. it was getting IN the building and up the 5 flights of stairs that was HAIRY.

See, mine starts with a funny little transparent blind spot that gets bigger then starts to twinkle. It grows larger then turns slowly into an Arc. It takes up the entire LEFT side of my visual field and moves off slowly, getting larger and fainter until it disappears. Usually takes about a half hour, I time them. BUT if I have a really short one, I usually get another one right after it. I'd prefer getting the FULL Blown one to getting two in a row.

Mine come out of nowhere. There does seem to be a trigger for me, an emotional one. Fear mixed with frustration and anger. Those three things together for more than a few days will start me on a series, day after day attacks.

BUT I read somewhere and I may have mentioned this before. There are 3 things that contribute to this also. Lack of sleep, low blood sugar and the mental state I just mentioned. Then you get the visual over stimulation and BAM there it is. In other words, for myself anyway, I have to take care of myself. Get enough sleep, EAT and stay away from people who upset me.

It's so nice and comforting to read Lara that You get them too. For years I felt like a Freak. BUT my Dad also got them, we talked about this a few times. He was Really in the dark about what the Heck they were.
Wiix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote