View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 07:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi everyone

I posted a few days ago and introduced myself, but I thought I would hop on here since it is a great thread and a great way to get to know each other.

I was dx'd RRMS five years ago - a couple of months after the death of my Mum - which was a time of incredible stress. I probably lost fifty percent of my vision, a lot of my bladder control, most of my balance and I was tingling, buzzing, 'shocking' and falling about most of the time.

I was lucky in one way - no problems getting dx'd - my MRI looked like I had left my brain out in a snowstorm, so it only took one consultation and one MRI to confirm.

Started Beta a few weeks later, and amazingly, I have had no further disease progression since then. I still have residual cr*p going on - like double/blurred vision, fatigue, poor balance, brain fog and so on.

In a way, MS was like divine intervention for me - a routine MRI found an unruptured brain aneurysm so I was able to get that clipped before it blew. Open brain surgery is no picnic, but it's better than the alternative (if it had ruptured I would most likely have died or been a vegetable).

I am 37 and have two kids (10 and 13) and a gorgeous husband who worships me. So apart from a few health hurdles life is pretty darn good.

Anyhow, nice to meet you all

Lyn
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote