View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 04:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default new member from Maine with PD

Hello. My name is Karen. I live in Maine and was diagnosed with parkinson disease 11 1/2 years ago. Every day I check neurotalk communities, parkinson disease forum. It is very helpful. Every so often I want to reply to a message which is why I have registered. It takes time for me to decide what I want to say and type it. I am 54 and live with my two cats in the country. Living with PD has been an interesting adventure. There have been good and bad moments. I started a new PD organization, Maine Parkinson Society, and introduced Parkinson tulips to Maine. Currently I am not involved with PD activities or support groups. It is important to me to continue to participate in activities I like to do (camping, hiking, cross country skiing, gardening, watching birds). My PD doctor is in Boston. She has been my doctor for four years. A friend takes me to my appts. 3 or 4 times a year. Most of my communication with her is by e-mail and this has worked very well for me. I am looking forward to this weekend. I am going with a few of the women I hang out with to a friend's camp on a lake in western Maine. The view is mountains and the music is loons. Hope you all have a great weekend!
kljb5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote