View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 09:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Very very interesting.

What a difference - and also how alike. Strange, GregD, that you felt no effect, I wish it helped you too. Maybe you should try it again, like Indigogo did.

Thank you Robert, for the speculations. Your Amantadine experience is probably also remarkable. If you were to stop taking it for a while, I think you would find what a difference it makes. For me the difference in balance is decidedly the most dramatic.

Your cruise sounds wonderful, Chris. But that is a lot of medicine, both of carb/lev and Amantadine. Have you tried to cut back instead of increasing? It is counter intuitive, and my doctor, like most doctors, is ready with the pen and prescription pad to add more pills and to increase the mgs., but our medicines can make us feel so much worse. Taking more carb/lev made me feel very debilitated and handicapped. Taking the smallest amounts possible of Requip, sinemet and Amantadine keeps me feeling rather well.

Lee, how did you ever manage to cut out the other PD meds. you must have been on before Amantadine? Its effect on you is very encouraging.

And Indigogo - I am green, or purple, with envy. I didn't stop taking Amantadine because it had stopped working for me, I stopped because of vanity! It makes my ankles purple....

birte
BEMM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote