View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 06:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMM View Post
Your cruise sounds wonderful, Chris. But that is a lot of medicine, both of carb/lev and Amantadine. Have you tried to cut back instead of increasing? It is counter intuitive, and my doctor, like most doctors, is ready with the pen and prescription pad to add more pills and to increase the mgs., but our medicines can make us feel so much worse. Taking more carb/lev made me feel very debilitated and handicapped. Taking the smallest amounts possible of Requip, sinemet and Amantadine keeps me feeling rather well.

birte
Birte

When I stopped taking the amantadine my symptoms definately got worse and when I increased the Madopar (similar to Sinemet) I definately saw no improvement but I had not considered reducing my Ldopa intake. As you say for someone only dx just over 3 years I take an awful lot of it. I have just retired, early, from working as fatigue attacks were making being effective at work impossible, so I can risk a bit of further drug fiddling. Especially as I am in no hurry to acquire dyskinesia. So I think I will drop from 4 to 3x125mg and see what happens. Thanks for the advise. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Chris
Suffolkchris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote