View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 03:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmeb View Post
Melody - good to hear that Alan has healed - Consider This is right - he needs to be really careful! Couple days ago I was in bed and couldnt figure out why my foot kept snagging on the sheets - pulled out a sewing needle from my foot that was almost all the way in and never felt it - I'm lucky, it doesnt look infected or anything - but those feet take extra special care!
Oh my gosh... it does take "pins and needles" to a whole different level.

If you haven't had a tetanus shot in the last ten years you should get one. I think they are free at county health facilities. I didn't know that in time.

My foot never swelled, and the amount of stiffness in my neck and jaw was easily explained, I thought, by the stress I was under.

Also, it never looked infected.

I remember trying to find on the internet if it would swell or I would have a fever. Mostly it sort of said there would be a fever. But that's not always true.

On my page about tetanus I have some inf on how a study in Bangladesh showed that vitamin C reduced the number of deaths.

It's a really horrible disease... so PLEASE go and get a shot if it's been near ten years since you had one.

(The "lock jaw" alternate name is a bit misleading. It stiffens all the muscles and drastically affects strength. It's felt in stomach muscles early on, and if it goes beyond that the seizures are EXTREMELY painful. I mean, really beyond anything I had ever experienced before -- certainly vastly worse than giving birth.)

(((((((((kmeb)))))))))))