View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 03:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy Sick of being sick...

Hello to all.

I have a question for those who are stuck at home (without a job) due to a medical problem (disability, perhaps). Any time I go outside I seem to get sick the next day. It comes with aches and pains in my muscles, extreme fatigue, sometimes I get a cold with congestion that ends up in my chest and sinuses. It just all around makes me feel bad.

I try to at least go out 3x weekly, but I end up in bed most of the time. I have been out of work for 4 years due to CFS/ME, FMS, Depression, "Probable MS" (still doing test for this) and back pain (severe Lordosis). I do my stretches every day for the Fibro and my depression seems to be somewhat under control, but I still get sick when I go somewhere.

Does anyone else have this problem? Could I have compromised my immune system by not working and therefore become susceptable (sp?) to viruses in the air? At one point in the last four years, I hardly went anywhere except to the doctors due to extreme fatigue and muscle aches. I was mostly in bed for about 3 months. Could this have caused my problem?

Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

M

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome '97, Chronic Sinusitis '97, Chronic Pain '04-present, Degenerative Disc Disease '86, Depression '88, Fibromyalgia '00, RLS+PLMD '04, Severe IBS '05 Non-Epileptic Seizure Disorder '08
hurtsobad73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote