Thread: Joan M.
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 10:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hi sue,
sometimes i get the shivers when i read your postings. my grandparents were the most important people in my life also. they were the ones i wanted to be like and the ones i wanted to be with. my papa died when i was 14 and it was a trauma to me, but my nana lived into her 80s and was my best friend. i try my hardest to be that kind of gramma to my grandsons. they are hard shoes to fit into, but i do my darndest.
i know what you mean about our having a high pain tolerance because we have had pain all our lives. my doctor once told me it is a curse too though because i will go and go despite the pain, and pain is a sign to stop and take notice of what is going on. but i kind of like that i can fight it. it makes me feel in control. i can feel pain and separate it from the rest of my body, and i know it is there, but i can just live in the 'no pain' zone ... for a while at least. when it catches up with me i suffer but by then i usually have done what needs doing! ha!
lovingly, your hip sister, joan