View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 10:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown This is fast becoming....

...a "Let`s see what disaster has befallen Steff now?" thread....cos my last few posts have all been absolutely tragic ridden.
To all those new folk here...believe me...this is not my usual style but I am begiinning to think as the saying goes...that I have killed a robin. Well if that is the case I have killed a bagfull. No....the entire species.Yep.Steff has wiped out the entire population of robins and this is the latest in consequences for her.First the flood,then the second flood,then the loss of a friend,then a dose of relationship disharmony to add a hint of spice and now....well..read on.

Imagine,there I am putting my make up on in the bedroom.And I hear an almighty crash.I go to the bedroom window and see a space where my parked silver bmw convertible should have been. Yes. Should have been.
Rushing downstairs and out into the road,and seeing the gloomy faces of the drinkers [i live oposite a country pub] I knew I was in for a shock.
And sure enough,there in the road,at an odd angle,crunched and battered,bits of debris in its trail,was my car.
And to the side and a little beyond,the dirty great tractor towing a huge trailer full of hay bales,the vehicle that had shunted m y car 15 yards down the road.
The bails of hay were running amok,having not been secured properly,but the best was yet to come.
The farmer who was driving this car crusher...had only ONE EYE !!!!!

I am not kiddingI thought he was squinting or hurt but nope.This guy with only half of his vision was let loose on a killer truck ...on public roads...and I don`t know if you`ve noticed,,but tractors these days can shift some.No longer the lazy,trundling harmless vehicles of yesteryear...some bright spark saw it necessary to rev the speed up a few notches and now look?
Well Mr Wise Guy..you come on down to my village and see what happens when you put a half sighted,tosser behind the wheel of an army tank in disguise.

Yeah. One mangled piece of undrivable silver metal that looks like a sculpture now.Not a car.
Don`t get me wrong here folks...I am not car orientated,but it was my main means of escape from intern dom in a sleepy village...with few buses and no shops whatsoever....

...the woeful saga of Steff continues. ugh!!!!!
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote