View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 10:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default welcome............

it is great to see that you are taking such an active role in your wifes care...........many spouses just feel like we should 'grin and bear it'.

i have rsd but feel that i am in as close to remission as possible, but my husband also suffers with it....

he just had the scs implanted in june............says the jury is still out........his rsd is in his left arm now, but started in his right back in 1998. (long story)

he has great relief with the scs for his shoulder, and hand.......however, they were not able to help the pain in his elbow and forearm.
he had excellent relief with the trial..........but the permanent one is not as effective......altho he would not ever give it up.............

he is now able to use his left arm, the color is normal again, the swelling is gone, and most of all the pain is way down........he is also able to touch his left arm again.........

he still is suffering with the surgery pain tho. saying he feels he traded one pain for another...we just hope that the surgery pain will diminish..(i fear that it has caused his rsd to spread)...and there are many limitations that go along with the scs..........however,he would rather have the limitations than the pain ....no bending, twisting, heavy lifting, etc....no more golf, bowling, softball, skiing, etc....he is still on his medication too.....he says he will probably have to take it for the rest of his life.

his implant is way up his neck and into his head ! we were surprised that they would go so high up, and now his neck is really painful..........

the best thing for you to do is research read and research some more......it is a personal decision .......don't allow anyone to force her to do something she does not want..........there are many many pros and cons for the scs...........

again, you are wonderful to search for answers for her...............

good luck to your wife..............

claudia
emilys gramma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote