View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 03:54 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb I just ordered from iherb...

NOW brand very reasonably priced. (I really like NOW brand).

I will keep you all informed as to how it works.

I tried 5-HTP and it did not work well for me. Don't know why.

As fall and shorter days approach now, I will be firing up my light visor. ( I have not used it since June with vacation and the longer days of summer).
I was forced into using one last winter, when a huge physiological slow down (SAD) hit me. L-tryptophan is a serotonin precursor, and combined with my
B vits, I expect it will be helpful. I am going to start slowly, like I usually do.

There was a flurry of speculation that Lilly was instrumental in suppressing OTC tryptophan when the peak X toxicity accident occurred in Japan. This was a manufacturing error, that was corrected. But since Prozac was introduced at the same time, it was rumored that the major drug company Lilly wanted ALL competition for its Prozac removed. Now that SSRIs are firmly established, perhaps that motive is over?

Now we have the patent holder for methylfolate Merck, withholding its valuable product from us OTC to fuel higher RX prices for it. The same sort of greedy manipulation that seems common these days. The FDA is NOT involved in this action...only the company who supplies methylfolate --Merck.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote