View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 06:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo View Post
i had a three level acdf in september 06 with titanium plate and cage. i am in worse pain and limitations than before surgery. my neuro had xray, ct scan and mri and see that one of the fusion failed and the disc below the fusion is bulging but not bad enough for the pain that i am feeling. he can't figure out why i am hurting so bad. like you i am so frustrated.i cry because it seems like i am in so much pain and no one to help or believe me. i work but have a lot of restrictions but i don't know what to do. i thought of second opinion. i have all of the symptons problems that you are having. i hope you can find relief. keep in touch and let me know what happens.
Thanks for your support and concern, lolo. I will stay in touch.

I am at the point now that I am asking why did I even bother to have the surgery, especially after missing 4 months from work and having to use money saved up to support myself during that time since I wasn't being paid by my job.

My doctor acts as though I am that pink elephant in the middle of the room...hoping that if he ignores me, I will go away...lol...or so it seems to me.

Again, there is little interaction between us. His nurse comes in, I tell her my complaints, she doesn't respond, gives her cursory, standard strength test. He then comes in, I complain to him, he doesn't respond, looks at the x-rays and says that everything is healing fine.

It seems that his only focus is the surgery and the results of the surgery and refuses to pay attention to anything that would fall outside of that, even when I ask if there could be other things going on that are unrelated to the surgery. I get no answer at all.

I would think that with my complaints, he would have another MRI done to see if there are other issues as well as check below my cervical spine to see if there are problems with the thorasic area, but no. I suppose that makes too much sense.

Each time, I leave his office totally confused and frustrated...wondering why I had even come in since nothing really happened other than his looking at x-rays and then sending me on my way.
besharpone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote