View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 09:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi John,

Glad you found us! well ok not really under the circumstances and all but there are alot of us on here and we all have been through the trials of RSD and been through different treat ments so we should be able to help you and your wife.

Where does your wife have RSD, if I may ask?? And how long has she had it and how did she get it? Just wondering so we konw something bout her!!

I have 2 stims implnated. I have a spinal cord stim that was implanted in 2003 and i also have a peripheral nerve stim (thats in my RSD leg connected to my sciatic nerve) and had that one done in 2004 or 5.. cant reember with out looking at my card.

With both of them I had to do a week long trial, where they did the inital surgery like putting the electrodes on my spinal cord and having the wires hooked externally to a generator box, and it was for a week. I loved it!!!! it takes time gettng used to the vibrations and jerks if you move the wrong way, but they get better with time.

Both of mine stopped working about 6-7 mos after getting the permanent one put in. and i had 3 revision surgeries on the scs to try and get that to work again but couldnt get it to go past my knee and i have RSD in my foot and ankle (at that ttime)

I would do it all again!! Because with RSD you dont konw what will an dwhat wont work and its all trial ad error. Thats what sucks about RSD!

So if you have specific questions , ask away or PM me if you want. there are a bunch of us that have them and a bunch that also there stims are still working for them after many years!!!

Talk to you soon and tell you wife hi for us and let her know shes not alone!!

Amber
RSD_Angel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote